Established in 1959.
Serving the swine and beef industries for over 60 years.
The Dr.'s Corner
Spring is just around the corner, and so is the FVC/PCM/FAB Spring Client Informational Meeting! We look forward to sponsoring this meeting each year and want you to join us at the Fairmont Best Western (formerly Holiday Inn) beginning at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, April 5 th.
The topics for this year’s meeting are intended to help your farm focus on improved breeding herd productivity and set up the newly weaned pig for better performance all the way to market.
- Doug Faber will give a FAB update as well as a PCAI update.
- Dr. Steve Stone and Dr. Mark Wagner will present information regarding the PRRS Virus
and highlight FVC research and initiatives.
- Dr. Paul Ruen and Dr. Andy Kryzer will focus on PPRS Strategies.
- Dr. Chase Stahl will discuss team tactics for Batch Farrowing.
- Dr. Andy Kryzer is sharing information around antibiotics and Packers.
- Emily Wegener will explain how ‘A healthy pit is a happy pit’.
- Shamus Brown will cover PCM opportunities that contribute to the success of family
We’re excited to welcome our keynote speaker, Trent Loos, a sixth generation United States farmer with a passion for the rural lifestyle. Trent was raised on a diversified farm near Quincy, IL. He entered the hog business at a young age and has been involved in livestock production ever since. Trent travels the country motivating and educating his audiences on issues related to animal agriculture and food production. He records, produces, and sends his own radio programs from wherever he travels. In his programs he shares his creation, Loos Tales, that’s dedicated to exploring the interesting people and places of Rural America. His radio audience is currently 4 million strong, and he can be heard on more than 100 stations across the country.
The meeting will conclude with a delicious pork loin and beef dinner with all the fixings by Green Mill – no one goes home hungry!
If you have any questions, please call Glen Miller at (507) 238-4456.
We appreciate your business and your friendship; and look forward to seeing you April 5 th !
We now carry the full line of Manure Master products!Click for more information
Dr. Clark Huinker will be moving to half-time partnership
Starting January 4, 2022, Dr. Clark Huinker will be moving to a half-time partnership arrangement. Clark’s work week will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Clark will remain as a full participant in the on-call rotation and so will be taking on-call responsibilities on Mondays, Fridays, and weekends per the on-call rotation schedule.
The Fairmont Veterinary Clinic has had a historical precedent where partner veterinarians have transitioned into retirement through a half partnership and we as a partnership have agreed this is a good fit for Clark and the rest of the partnership group.
We wish Clark all the best in this new arrangement.
Careers in Animal Agriculture
- We help farm families raise pigs
- Making healthy food for the world
- Working together as a team
- Learn about careers in pork production, management, and veterinary care by clicking on the following link